“Live with no excuses and travel with no regrets” – Oscar Wilde
Delhi, the national capital of India is an unbelievable and spectacular tourist place to visit. It has some of the most captivating and mesmerizing places near Delhi to visit that are enough to lift you up and rejuvenate you from the boring and hectic schedule.
There is nothing that can beat the happiness while traveling the World. Travelling makes people happier. There are numerous places near Delhi to visit that you on an amusing ride from an ancient place, passing from scenery beauty to spiritual destination.
The places near Delhi to visit are full of incredible landscapes and stunning scenery with the touch of ancient history. These best places near Delhi are so peaceful and alluring that they will compel you to stay for a longer period of time.
Places Near To Delhi
- Rishikesh ( 251 Km from Delhi)
- Mathura (183 Km from Delhi)
- Neemrana (116 Km from Delhi)
- Dalhousie (560 Km from Delhi)
- Shimla( 342 Km from Delhi)
- Kasol (513 Km from Delhi)
1. Rishikesh [ YOGA CAPITAL OF THE WORLD]
Rishikesh is a city in India’s northern state of Uttarakhand. It is a small serene town famous for mediation and yoga. It is one of the best places near to Delhi and a gateway to the Himalayas. It is an ideal destination for adventure activities like rafting, trekking, climbing, etc. A Holy town place
near to Delhi to visit with pleasant weather throughout the year. It is also a town of quaint cafes, which offer both local and international cuisines.
- How to reach – Jolly Grant Airport at Dehradun is the nearest airport to Rishikesh. Haridwar is the nearest railway station and you can also visit by bus and car to reach the best place near to Delhi.
- What to do – Rafting in Rishikesh, Lakshman Jhula, Ram Jhula, Triveni Ghat, Ganga aarti, cliff jumping, and camping.
- Best time to visit – February to mid-May.
- Cost for 2 nights– 4000-7000/- per person.
Shivpuri is a highly recommended state to visit if you‟re visiting Rishikesh. You can have famous and amazing white water rafting here which is one of the beauteous places near Delhi to visit. Also, have a visit to one of the beautiful places near Rishikesh to explore the bungee jumping zone and Asia‟s the longest zip-line and it is also the finest place near to Delhi to visit.
2. MATHURA – [THE CITY OF LORD KRISHNA]
Mathura is a sacred city in Uttar Pradesh, Northern India. It is one of India’s most popular and serene spiritual destinations as it is considered the birthplace of the very beloved Lord Krishna. The Shri Krishna janmabhoomi is one of the most attractive places near Delhi to visit and the Archeological Museum of Mathura, Prem Mandir, Kans Qila, and Dwarkadheesh temple is the most mesmerizing and beautiful place near to Delhi to visit.
- How to reach- The cheapest way to reach one of the best places near to Delhi is by bus from New Delhi. You can also travel by train to the Mathura junction railway station and also by car.
- What to do- Dip in Holy Waters in Kusum Sarovar, visit Kans Quila, Govardhan Hill, Kesi Ghat, and Bhuteswar Temple. Also, have the amazing experience of Lathmar Holi at one of the fascinating places near to Delhi to visit.
- Best time to visit- October- November
- Cost for 2 nights- 6000-7000/ per person.
Vrindavan, Gokul, Mahaban, Barsana, and Govardhan are also magnificent places near Delhi to visit. The beauty and structure of these places is
beyond imagination with beautiful paintings on the ceilings and walls of the big temples.
3. Neemrana – [ THE HEART OF GOLDEN TRIANGLE]
It is an ancient historical town in the Alwar district of Rajasthan, India. It is a great holiday destination for a quick weekend escape. The aura of the top places in Neemrana is captivating and alluring. It is one of the best historical places near Delhi to visit. This place reminds of the golden era of kings and queen.
- How to reach- The nearest airport is the Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi at a distance of 96 km and the nearest railway station is Alwar station. You can also reach this best place near to Delhi by bus and car.
- What to do- Neemrana fort palace, Baori, Ziplining at Neemrana fort, Bala Quila and Sariska National Park, kesroli Fort, and Siliserh Lake are one of the inviting places near to delhi to visit.
- Best time to visit- Winter season.
- Cost for 2 nights- 14,000- 15,000/-
It is one of the best leisure trips to go to experience royal life. Neemrana Fort is the most attractive place near Delhi to visit. Enjoy the relaxing spa, take a vintage car ride in the best place near to Delhi “NEEMRANA”.
Dalhousie is the most famous hill station in Himachal Pradesh. It is the best to place near to Delhi known for its pleasant climate and scenic beauty. It has one of the most beautiful mountains filled with snow. A go-to place near to Delhi to visit for green lovers. This place has several types of trees which cover the slopes of mountains. The local village, kalatop , Dainkund peak, and Bakrota hills are one of the most famous to explore in Dalhousie. It is the best place near to Delhi to have cuisines like noodles, momos, and idlis.
- How to reach- Gaggal Airport and the Pathankhot railway station is the nearest place to reach Dalhousie by air and train respectively. You can also reach to the best place near to Delhi by car and bus etc.
- What to do- Visit Panch Pulla waterfall, hiking in Kalatop wildlife sanctuary, Trekking to Ganji Pahari, Dainkund peak, Chamera Lake and Chamundi Devi Temple is one of the enthralling places near Delhi to visit.
- Best time to visit- March to May
- Cost for 2 nights- 8000-9000/- per person.
Khajjiar, the Mini Switzerland of India located 20km away from Dalhousie and is known for its grassy meadows, beautiful forest and cottages and snow-covered Kailash. You can enjoy activities like horse-riding, paragliding, and zorbing at the most charming places near Delhi to visit.
5. Shimla-[ THE QUEEN OF HILLS]
Shimla is one of the most loved places near to Delhi to visit. It is one of the best hill stations near Delhi. It is widely known for adventure activities. From traveling in a toy train to exploring pine forests, you can make a historic connection with the places. Popular dishes of Shimla include Kaddu ka Khatta, gnocchi matter, and sepu Vadi and the popular dessert is Martha.
- How to reach- The nearest airport is Chandigarh then take a bus from there to reach Shimla. You can reach here by train to Ambala Cant, then take a bus from there to reach the beautiful place „SHIMLA‟.
- What to do- Have a visit to the Mall Road, shopping at Lakkar Bazar, Ice Skating and Rafting at Tattapani. You can also explore Paragliding, Cycling, Camping, and trekking.
- Best time to visit- March to June.
- Cost for 2 nights- 6000- 7000/- per person.
Chail, Kasauli, Solan, Auli, and many more are the beautiful places near Delhi to visit. These are one of the most attractive and graceful places near to delhi to visit for a peaceful and heavenly vacation. There are many more small hill stations near Shimla that are away from all the human interference and chaos and will give a sense of peace.
6. Kasol – [ MINI ISRAEL]
Kasol is one of the best destinations near to Delhi to visit. It has scenery beauty with greenery all around. It is also known as the Amsterdam of India. It is one of the most affordable places near Delhi to visit with breathtaking views. It is also the best place near to delhi to visit to experience a variety of flora and fauna.
- How to reach- The cheapest mode to reach Kasol is by bus to Kullu and then cab to Kasol. You can also reach here by flight to Kullu Manali airport, then a cab to Kasol. The nearest railway station to Kasol is Joginder Nagar railway station and then take a cab from there to one of the best places near to Delhi to visit.
- What to do- Visit Manikaran for hot spring, and Manikaran sahib, trekking to kheer Ganga, a must-visit to Parvati river and tosh, and also for camping.
- Best time to visit- March- June.
- Cost for 2 nights- 5000- 6000/- per person.
Malana village is a small town located near Kasol and is one of the magnificent places near to delhi to visit. A peaceful place with serene beauty. It is best for trekking and its culture will give you more reason to visit this beautiful place near Delhi.
” Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer”. Someone rightly said to travel is to Live. Above are some of the places near Delhi to visit that will give you one more reason to smile and to live. Once you will visit these beautiful places near Delhi you’ll cherish them forever. So what are you waiting for? Go and pack your bags to explore these beautiful and delightful places.
Have a safe and happy journey.
Frequently Asked Questions.
- What are the best places near to Delhi to visit for 2 days only?
Shimla, Chail, Manali, Rishikesh, Mathura, Agra, Jaipur, Kasol, and many more are the places you can explore in 2 days.
- What are the best places near Delhi to visit in the monsoon?
Neemrana fort, Agra, Kasauli, Mussoorie, Orchha, Okhla Bird Sanctuary, Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary, Corbett National Park, Uttrakhand are some of the places you can visit in the monsoon.
- What are the best tourist places near Delhi within 100kms?
Sultanpur Bird sanctuary, Okhla Bird Sanctuary, Worlds of Wonder, Neemrana, Surajkund, Badkhal Lake, Pratapgarh, and many more.
- Where should I go for a 1 day trip near Delhi?
Neemrana fort palace, Chandigarh, Agra, Mathura and Vrindavan, Murthal, Sariska National Park, Wild Dhauj Camp are one of the best places to visit for just a 1-day trip.
- What are the best places near Delhi for a solo trip?
Rishikesh, Mussorie, Dehradun, Kasauli, Jaipur, Mandawa, and Mathura are one of the few places you can visit for a solo trip.